Getting rid of pests and insects in and around your home can be a tedious task, especially in the summer months when the weather is warm and pests are particularly active. Even in colder weather, seasonal pests may try to find a place to warm up. Luckily, there are traps, insecticides, bug zappers, wasp control sprays, liquid baits, and more to help you get things under control.
Where can I purchase pest and insect control products/supplies?
Canadian Tire carries a selection of insect control supplies that are suitable for controlling any household pest such as mosquitos, ants, flies, and more. Our collection includes bug zappers, crawling insect control, pest and rodent control, wasp and hornet control, bed bug control, garden insect control, and more.
How do you control pests and insects at home by yourself?
Over-the-counter pest and insect control supplies are a great solution to controlling pests in your home. Depending on the pest you’re dealing with, here are a few products and ways to use them:
· Ants/Spiders – Liquid ant baits and traps are a popular way to trap ants and other crawling insects. Simply place these baits and traps where the pests are located.
· Wasps/Hornets – Keep a wasp and hornet spray for surfaces and instant contact and place bee traps around the area.
· Mosquitoes – Bug zappers, fly traps and battery-operated mosquito repellents can be placed in the home.
· Garden Insects – Sticky traps and natural insecticides will get rid of garden pests while keeping your plants free from chemicals.
· Rodents – Live catch traps and classic mouse traps can trap rodents and stop them in their tracks, while natural pest controls can simply chase them away.
· Bed Bugs – Choose a powdered formula, spray, or trap to target and get rid of bed bugs.
Are OTC pest control supplies as effective as pest control services?
Home pest control supplies can be an inexpensive and easy solution if your pest problem isn’t too extreme. These products are less harsh and potent and are effective for treating pests on a small scale. If your problem has become out of control or you feel that at-home products are not able to deal with the issue, seek out professional help and contact an exterminator.
How should I store pest control supplies?
When storing any type of pesticide product, keep them in a cool, dry, locked cabinet with proper ventilation. Ensure they are kept away from children and pets and are not stored around food, garden supplies, flammable liquids, or animal feed.