Keep your vehicle safe by having Canadian Tire Auto Services inspect your tires & wheels to detect problems
Correct for inherent imperfections in tires and wheels to avoid stress on the steering and suspension system.
• When you experience any symptoms of vibration.
• When you have new tires installed or tires rotated.
• Computerized verification of all wheels
• Visual inspection of tire tread
• There may be an additional charge if vehicle has a Tire Pressure Monitoring System.
TIRE CONDITION / WEAR PATTERNS
By carefully monitoring tire wear patterns, you can help catch problems with your tires and with your suspension, steering or wheels; wear is also a good indicator of how much life is left in tires.
• When an oil change is performed
• If you begin to have traction and/or fuel economy issues.
• If you are experiencing any symptoms of vibration or wobbling.
• Visual inspection of tire tread to detect problems with the tires and other components of the car.
The most frequent cause of tire failure is under-inflation. Even extreme under-inflation can be hard to detect visually, so always use a tire pressure gauge.
Check tire pressures at least twice a month -- especially after sudden temperature changes. Check when tires are cold (i.e. when the vehicle has been driven fewer than 2km).
What should you do?
• Measure tire pressure on all four tires, and ensure that it meets factory specifications.
• Have an accurate and easy-to-read tire gauge in your car at all times.
• Check your owner's manual for the recommendations for your vehicle.
Having your tires rotated will help ensure driving comfort and maintain the life of your tires.
• Based on industry average, tire rotation is recommended every 10,000 km.
• Tire rotation every 10,000 km is FREE when you buy tires and get them installed at Canadian Tire Auto Service Centres.
• Rotating the tires as per manufacturer's recommendations.
• Inspecting for tire damage.
• Adjusting pressure to manufacturer's specifications.
• Correcting torque of the wheel lug nuts to the manufacturer's specifications.
• Additional charge may apply if vehicle is equipped with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System