What does the basic assembly/installation package include?
The Authorized Installer will:
• Replace existing electric or gas hot water heater (40- or 50-gallon only)
• Install the new hot water heater according to manufacturer’s instructions in the same location as the existing unit. Please note, the new hot water heater must be the same type, size and use
the same power source of the previous unit
• Provide miscellaneous fittings, as required, and up to one (1) foot of piping to connect the existing piping to the new hot water heater
• Test the hot water heater to ensure proper operation
• Clean up the work area once the hot water heater is installed and prepare the product’s packaging for disposal by the Customer
• Placement of the old hot water heater in an area designated by the Customer for disposal (if the disposal service was not purchased)
• Review installation with the Customer upon completion
A new hot water heater installation includes everything as stated in the above replacement service.
• Shut-off valves
• Ten (10) feet of line to the nearest drain
Installation does not include:
• Installing a new vent or changing a vent location for a gaspowered
hot water heater
• Delivery of the hot water heater or disposal of the old hot water heater
• Drip tube or drip pan
• Anti-scald devices
• Earthquake straps
• Expansion tank
• Hot water heater stand or tray
What could lead to additional costs?
• Permit fees (if required)
• If the hot water heater is too large to fit in the existing location
• Customers converting from an electric hot water heater to a gas hot water heater will require a pre-site inspection to measure the location. Customer must purchase a new installation quotation
before the Authorized Installer will attend at the service location to conduct a pre-site inspections. If the Customer proceeds with the installation, the new installation service price that was prepaid will be applied as a credit towards the final service fee.
• Upgrades to electrical, plumbing, or venting
• Additional line(s) if hot water heater is further than ten (10) feet