Trust the professionals to take the effort and guesswork out of installing your garage door opener. Improper installation can damage your garage door, or prevent the garage door from reversing in an emergency. You’ll also save time – even for an advanced handyman, installation can take up to 3 hours or more.
Trained, reliable Authorized Installers will remove any existing unit and install the new garage door opener to ceilings up to 10’ high using heavy duty brackets. Installation includes adjusting safety sensors, monitors and/or lasers, key pads or battery packs. All components will be tested to your satisfaction.
Purchasing your package
The first step, if you haven’t already done so, is to purchase your garage door opener, with any accessories, assembly/installation service and delivery (if required) at a Canadian Tire store. Then simply request your service online or call us at 1-855-682-HOME (4663) to have a service representative schedule a time for your installation.
Assembly/installation/set-up prices are determined by the size, type, complexity and time required to assemble and install your garage door opener. Please see the table below for a list of service and related charges.
Basic installation (first unit)
Basic installation (additional units)
Garage door tune-up
Out-of-warranty service call
GDO premium install each additional
WHAT DOES THE BASIC ASSEMBLY/INSTALLATION INCLUDE?
The Authorized Installer will:
• Remove an existing garage door opener
• Install the garage door opener according to the manufacturer’s instructions
• Mount garage door opener (up to 10´ high) according to product requirements
• Install and adjust safety sensors, as well as any monitors or lasers, outdoor coded key pads and/or battery packs
• Mount wood framing (if necessary) to top of garage door opener to support header bracket
• Plug in and test garage door opener (providing there is a receptacle within three (3) feet of the garage door opener)
• Test remote(s) and control pad(s) to ensure proper and safe operation
• Clean up the area once the garage door opener is installed
Or upgrade to our Premium Installation package which includes:
• Do everything as stated in the Basic assembly/installation package
• Check and adjust door hinges (does not include replacing the hinges)
• Lubricate all moving parts of garage door
• Check door rails and clear them of debris
• Check door balance and make adjustments to tension spring if necessary
What could lead to additional costs?
• The garage ceiling is higher than 10´ and extension brackets are required (Customer may purchase the extension brackets from the Authorized Installer)
• The garage ceiling has less than 5˝ clearance from the garage door and quick-turn brackets are required (Customer may purchase the quick-turn brackets from the Authorized Installer)
• The garage door is higher than 8´ tall, and an extension rail is required (Customer may purchase from a Canadian Tire store – note: the garage door opener must be matched to the correct extension rail)
• The garage door does not open freely and an adjustment is required
• There is not sufficient space free from clutter where the garage door opener is to be installed
The price will be determined by the amount of parts/material required and the time it takes to complete the work. You will be asked if you want to accept the additional charges and can cancel the Agreement if you do not.
The Authorized Installer will inform you of any additional charges before starting the work.
* Charges do not include the following taxes which are based on your province of residence: HST (ON, NB, NL 13%, PE 14%, NS 15%) with the remaining provinces at GST 5% plus PST as applicable (BC 7%, SK 5%, MB 8%).