CANADIAN TIRE VERMONT CASTINGS STAINLESS STEEL PROPANE PATIO HEATER CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED. Posting on Instagram requires a mobile device and therefore message and data rates may apply. Check with your carrier for additional information.
WINNER MAY BE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PRIZE FULFILLMENT PROCESS AND SIGN DOCUMENTATION, SUCH AS A RELEASE, WITHIN FIVE (5) BUSINESS DAYS, AS MORE FULLY DETAILED BELOW.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
The Canadian Tire Vermont Castings Stainless Steel Propane Patio Heater Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the province of Ontario and the federal laws applicable therein. Participants must be 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Void in whole or part where prohibited by law. Entry in this Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules (the “Contest Rules”).
1. SPONSOR: The Contest sponsor is Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited (“CTC” or the “Sponsor”) with its head office located at 2180 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario Canada, M4P 2V8. This Contest is also administered by the Sponsor. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Inc. or Meta Platforms, Inc. Any questions, comments or complaints must be directed to the Sponsor, and not to Instagram, Inc. or Meta Platforms, Inc.
2. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
Employees of the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members (i.e., parents, spouses, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion; to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
3. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Wednesday September 28, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday September 30, 2022 (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
4. HOW TO ENTER.
(a) There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using the method of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
(each an “Entry”, collectively the “Entries”)
6. WINNER SELECTION.
One (1) Winner shall be selected as follows:
7.RELEASE. The Winner will be required to execute a release and waiver (“Confirmation and Release”) that confirms Winner’s: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of the Sponsor, Canadian Tire Associate Dealers, Meta Platform, Inc. and Instagram, Inc., and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against any and all liability for any losses, harm, damages, costs or expenses arising out of or in connection with participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, any breach of the Contest Rules, including but not limited to costs, injuries, accidents, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; (iv) grant to the Sponsor the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s name, Instagram handle, photograph or likeness, and the Entry, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof; (v) assignment to the Sponsor all of Winner’s right, title and interest, including copyright in and to the Entry, throughout the world in perpetuity and acknowledgment that, as a result of this assignment, the Sponsor will have the exclusive and perpetual right to exploit the Entry in any media now known or later developed in whatever ways the Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion and to authorize others to do so, including without limitation, the right to reproduce, distribute, publish, exploit, display, communicate to the public by telecommunication, transmit, broadcast and otherwise use and exploit the Entry, in whole or in part and to edit, add to, or modify the Entry in any way, all without further obligation or compensation of any kind to the Winner; (vi) waiver of all of Winner’s so-called “moral rights” that it may enjoy now or in the future in any territory throughout the world in relation to the Entry, to the maximum extent permitted by law; and (vii) acknowledgement that, upon request by the Sponsor, Winner shall sign (or cause to be signed) all further documents or do (or cause to be done) all further acts and provide all reasonable assurances as may reasonably be necessary or desirable to give effect to the assignment of Winner’s rights in the Entry. The executed Confirmation and Release must be returned within five (5) business days of the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
8. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any losses, harm, damages, costs or expenses of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including but not limited to personal injury, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, damage, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, portrayal in a false light and third party claims resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize or any breach of the Contest Rules.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for: (a) lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Confirmation and Release; (b) any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry; (c) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest; (d) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; (e) any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing; (f) any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest or by the acceptance, possession, use, misuse, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest or the Contest Website.
10. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be made available online at www.canadiantire.ca/en/events/vermont-castings-patio-heater-contest-rules.html. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any online Sponsor or Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including but not limited to criminal prosecution.
11. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, Instagram handle, photograph or likeness, email address, and the Entry for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winner; (ii) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, Instagram handle, photograph or likeness, and the Entry for Contest administration, publicity, and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose his/her name, Instagram handle, photograph or likeness, and the Entry to third-party agents and service providers acting on behalf of the Sponsor in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, copyrights and any other intellectual property and trade secrets contained in any materials including without limitation print, digital and any other media is owned by the Sponsor and/or their affiliates, unless otherwise stated. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or other use of such material without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
13. TERMINATION. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or to modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
14. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. FURTHER, IN ANY SUCH DISPUTE, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL AN ENTRANT BE PERMITTED OR ENTITLED TO OBTAIN (AND HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK OR CLAIM) INJUNCTIVEEQUITABLE, OR OTHER NON-MONETARY RELIEF OR AWARDS FOR PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING LAWYERS’ FEES, OTHER THAN ENTRANT’S ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10), AND ENTRANT FURTHER WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED.
15.LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail.
16. SEVERABILITY. If any term or condition of the Contest Rules is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of the Contest Rules.
18. OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules are available at www.canadiantire.ca/en/events/vermont-castings-patio-heater-contest-rules.html or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “ Canadian Tire Vermont Castings Stainless Steel Propane Patio Heater Contest – Rules Request,” c/o Vermont Castings - Brand Marketing Dept., 2180 Yonge Street, 11th Floor South, Toronto, Ontario Canada, M4P 2V8. Limit one (1) request per outer envelope. Rules requests must be received during the Entry Period.
19.WINNER LIST. To request a copy of the Contest winner list, send an email to VermontCastings@cantire.com. Limit one (1) request per email. Requests for a copy of the winner list must be received by November 28, 2022.
20.SPONSOR. The sponsor of the Contest and the address at which the Sponsor may be contacted is Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, 2180 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario Canada, M4P 2V8. Reference to third parties in connection with the Prize is for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation with Sponsor or the Contest.