Garage Door Opener Installation Services
Two Reasons: Safety and convenience
- Improper adjustments can exert strong forces on the garage door, causing the door not to reverse in case of an emergency
- The counterbalance springs must be properly adjusted to properly activate the safety reversing system
- An improperly adjusted door can be damaged if forced open by a garage door opener
- Installers inspect the door's movement, and the spring tension to adjust if needed prior to installation
Depending on your experience, you may not want to invest the necessary time to install a garage door opener. It makes sense to leave it to an expert.
Skill Level Time to install Beginner 4 – 5 hours Intermediate 3 – 4 hours Advanced 2 – 3 hours
The installer will remove the existing unit and install the new one.
- Mounting the unit to ceilings (up to 10' high) using heavy-duty brackets
- Installing and adjusting safety sensors, as well as monitors or lasers, outdoor coded key pads or battery packs
- Mounting wood framing (if necessary) to top of garage door to support header bracket
- Plugging in unit so it's ready to use (providing there is already a receptacle within 3 feet of the unit)
- Testing the unit, all the remotes and control pads to ensure proper, safe operation
Canadian Tire's cross country team of Home Services contractors have one thing in common – providing the best possible service to you, our customer!
All our contractors are: Trained, Reliable, Insured, & provide Quality Work
Can I collect Canadian Tire 'Money' with this installation?
Yes, Canadian Tire 'Money' can be collected as a result of the purchase of an installation service.
Are the installers Canadian Tire employees?
Installers are not Canadian Tire employees. They are independent installers who are certified, insured and meet the high standards as set out by Canadian Tire.
Does Canadian Tire install products not bought at their stores?
Installation services are available only with products purchased at Canadian Tire.
Does Canadian Tire offer financing programs for their installation services?
Yes, please ask an associate for more details.
Who do I call if I have questions or concerns about the installation of my product?
Please call 1-866-682-HOME (4663)
How to arrange a professional installation from Canadian Tire
- Research products online, then visit your local Canadian Tire store to select the product that is best suited to your needs.
- Pick up a copy of the installation brochure located near the product and take it to the checkout to purchase the product and installation.
- Click here to book your installation online.
Phone us at 1-855-682-HOME (4663).
- Advise the operator that you wish to arrange an installation time.
- One of our installers will contact you within 24 hours to arrange a specific time for installation that is convenient to you.
Haven't purchased installation service yet?
- Phone us at 1-855-682-HOME (4663) to purchase your installation service.
- The installer will arrive at your home, provide identification and introduce themselves to you.
- The installer will complete the work, instruct you on using the product and ask you to sign a Certificate of Completion.