The cover is the outer casing of a soccer ball. The type of cover you need will depend on your skill level and the surface you will be playing on. Here are the most common types of soccer ball covers:
• Polyurethane balls are softer than PVC balls and offer a better touch.
• Their reliability and preferred feel make them ideal for competitive play.
• They may scuff more easily than balls with PVC covers.
• Some have a special TPU coating that prevents abrasions and water absorption.
Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC):
• These are often used in long-term training.
• They offer the most durability.
• They are more resistant to scuffs than PU or synthetic-covered balls.
• Since PVC is harder and more inflexible than PU, the balls are more difficult to control.
• Some have a special glossy coating to minimize water absorption and abrasions.