1. Wipe your cupboard doors and polish the handles.
2. Clean the surfaces of your appliances.
3. Scrub your sink until it shines.
4. Wipe down the interior of your microwave
5. Use elbow grease to get rid of any food stains on the backsplash.
Once a week: Give the floors a vacuum and dust the furniture
Once a month: Vacuum upholstered funiture and dust picture frames, knick knacks and ceiling fans.
2 or 3 years old: Train them to clear surfaces and floors by picking up their toys, using easy-to-access bins for storage.
4 or 5 years old: Teach your kindergartener to dust surfaces they can reach without help, where you’re not storing breakables.
6 or 7 years old: By now they can handle the vacuum, so let them take over the basic, weekly cleans.
8 to 11 years old: Guess who’s ready to wash the floors? Someone other than you!