Let the professionals install your window air conditioner quickly and safely.
Enjoy the cool air without the effort
Installing a window air conditioner unit correctly can be complicated and time-consuming. When the Authorized Installer installs your window air conditioner for you, you’ll know it’s been installed securely and safely.
Trained and reliable
The Authorized Installers we use are experienced and will install your window air conditioner according to the manufacturer’s instructions. They’re trained, reliable and insured, so you know it will be done right the first time.
Delivery, installation and testing
An Authorized Installer will deliver your air conditioner to your home (if you purchase delivery) install and secure it according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Once it is secured, the Authorized Installer will plug in and test the window air conditioner (providing there is a power outlet within 6’ of the window air conditioner), clean up the work area and ensure you are satisfied with the installation.
Things to consider
You are responsible for understanding and confirming compliance with any applicable building code requirements, local zoning bylaws and other applicable laws, rules and regulations which may regulate and restrict the location and size of the window air conditioner or that may be in place by the property owner, property management and/or condominium board for your property when installing your window air/conditioner.
We are not responsible for the cost involved in moving or removing your window air conditioner if it is not permitted by the property owner, property management and/or condominium board or any costs associated with returning the property to pre-installation condition.
The first step, if you haven’t already done so, is to purchase your window air conditioner, with any accessories, assembly/installation service and delivery (if required) at a Canadian Tire store. Or call the number below to order. Then simply request your service online or call us at 1-855-682-HOME (4663) to have a service representative schedule a time for your installation.
How much will it cost?
The following assembly/installation prices are determined by the size, type, complexity, materials and time required to safely assemble and install your window air conditioner.
WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER INSTALLATION PRICES
Window Air Conditioner
Portable Window Air Conditioner
Delivery – ALL Window Air Conditioners
WHAT DOES THE BASIC ASSEMBLY/INSTALLATION INCLUDE?
The Authorized Installer will:
• Deliver the window air conditioner (if delivery is purchased)
• Install the window air conditioner according to the manufacturer’s instructions
• Secure the window air conditioner according to product requirements
• Plug in and test the window air conditioner (providing there is a receptacle within 6 feet of the window air conditioner)
• Clean up the work area once the window air conditioner is installed
• Prepare the product’s packaging for disposal by Customer
What could lead to additional costs?
• If you have purchased the wrong window air conditioner for the type of window in which it is to be installed, additional work will be required to ensure proper and safe operation.
• If the window air conditioner requires extra support brackets, additional work will be required to ensure the unit is safely secured.
• If you purchased a window air conditioner with a sleeve for new installation, the Authorized Installer will need to prepare a wall and install a sleeve in the wall to support the weight of the window air conditioner.
The price will be determined by the amount of material required and the time is takes to complete the work. You will be asked if you want to accept the additional charges and can cancel the Agreement and receive a full refund if you do not. To avoid additional charges, ensure you purchase the right type of window air conditioner for your window.
The Authorized Installer will inform you of any additional charges before starting the work.
*Charges do not include the following taxes based on your province of Residence:
HST (ON 13%, PE 14%, NB, NL, NS 15%) with the remaining provinces at GST 5% plus PST as applicable (QC 9.975%, BC 7%, SK 5%, MB 8%).
Identification Number of CTS: 100772995 GST Number: 100772995 RT0001 QST Number: 1009787450 TQ0001
Canadian Tire Services is the holder of a license issued under the Building Act. RBQ license number: 5654-7714-01
**Delivery charge applies and can only be purchased when purchasing installation.