Service Abuse such as obstruction damage or wheel spinning. Tires that become unserviceable due to any type of service abuse are not covered under Tire Care Guarantee or Tire Care Guarantee with Replacement Advantage (also referred to collectively in this folder as Tire Care Guarantees).
In addition, these protection plans do not cover:
• Ride disturbance after one year or the first 2/32" of tread wear, whichever comes first
• Failure or damage, including rapid and irregular tread wear, caused directly or indirectly by: fire, accident, wreck, collision, vandalism, theft, negligence, motorsport, brake lock, spinning, overloading, over- or under-inflation, improper wheel alignment or tire rotation, misapplication, improper mounting, mounting on non-approved rims, chains, studs, and mechanical condition of the vehicle
• Tires used on non-passenger vehicles including campers, trailers, etc. or commercial vehicles, including taxis, limousines, police or courier service, etc.
• Claims not made by the original purchaser
• Tires installed on a vehicle other than the original vehicle
• Tires returned more than five years after the purchase date on the original work order/invoice
• Tire without D.O.T. identification numbers
• Tires branded non-adjustable (N/A), used or blemished
• Tires with a remaining tread depth of 2/32" or less
• Tires other than those identified by the D.O.T. numbers on the work order
• Tires not regularly stocked, or tires not sold through our Special Order Program
• Tires that are purchased through the Keystone Automotive Operations Program
1. Tire Care Guarantees apply to tires only, not any other damage to the vehicle caused by tire failure. For coverage of any consequential damage, consult your personal insurance company.
2. Tire repairs that do not conform to Canadian Tire guidelines may void the Tire Care Guarantee and Tire Care Guarantee with Replacement Advantage.