- Core Charge
- Freight & PDI
- Environmental Fee
- Mobile App
- My Canadian Tire/Registration
- Online Browsing
What is a core charge?
A core charge, sometimes called a casting charge, is a form of deposit you pay on a car part until returning your old part. If you do not have the old part with you at the time of purchase of the new part, you must pay the core charge. That charge is refunded to you when you return the old part. Like a bottle deposit, the charge is designed to encourage recycling.
When is a core charge applied?
- Certain remanufactured parts such as alternators, starters, CV shafts, brake callipers, and distributors contain a "core" or recyclable component. When you purchase any of these parts, a core charge will be added to the purchase.
- When you return the part, the recyclable component is returned to the part manufacturer for rebuilding and recycling.
How do I receive a core charge refund?
- Exchange the old part at the time of purchase; OR
- Bring the old/original part, in the replacement part’s box, along with your purchase receipt to any Canadian Tire store within 90 days of purchasing the replacement part.
- Stores will inspect the returned part to ensure the recyclable components are intact. If they are, the core charge will be returned. If they are not, then the customer will not receive a core charge refund.
Freight & PDI
What is a freight charge?
A freight charge is added to large products such as ATVs to cover the cost of shipping.
What is PDI?
PDI refers to the Pre Delivery Inspection fee. It is added to ATVs to cover the cost of wheel, handlebar and control levers installation, and battery charging and installation.
What is an environmental fee?
- An environmental fee is a fee that is collected to help fund the disposal and recycling of household products.
- This fee helps ensure that these products are collected, recycled, reused or, when that is not possible, disposed of in the most environmentally-friendly way.
- In Quebec, Bill 60 legislation requires that advertised product prices include environmental fees and core charges. On canadiantire.ca, Quebec customers will see their store's environmental fees and core charges clearly displayed in the Total Price.
What devices is the app available for?
The app is available on Apple iPhone, BlackBerry and Android smartphones.
There is no cost for the app; it is available to download for free from iPhone, BlackBerry and Android app stores. Data charges may apply from your mobile provider based on your rate plan.
How can I download the app?
Visit the app store for the specific device you are using from your mobile device:
- iPhone – Apple App Store
- BlackBerry – BlackBerry App World
- Android – Android App Market
There will also be an information page on canadiantire.ca/mobileapp that will provide links to each app store.
How does the app work?
Once you have downloaded the app to your device, click on the Canadian Tire app icon to launch. Browsing products and the flyer work very similarly to the mobile website. Users can select the departments, categories and subcategories they are interested in browsing. Users can also type words into the search box to find what they are looking for. The app also allows users to scan the barcode on a product to quickly access product information such as detailed features, pricing, ratings and reviews plus store availability. This is done by selecting the scan functionality within the app. The user can then use the device camera to "scan" the barcode and find the product information. The scanning experience is slightly different on each device. When using a BlackBerry, the user will have to actually snap a picture of the barcode while in the 'scan' part of the app. This may take a few tries to get used to. iPhone and Android users will be able to hover over the barcode and gently move the device until they get a successful read. It is also important to note that the ability to read barcodes is only available on devices that have autofocus functionality on the camera.
To locate the nearest store, the app can use the GPS location of the device. If users do not grant permission to allow access to the GPS functionality, they can alternatively select a store by entering a postal code or browse by province and city to find the location they are looking for.
How do I change my store location?
The current store is shown at the top of the app. Click on this area to select a different store.
Can users rate and review products or submit product questions via the mobile app?
No, at this time users can only read product reviews that have already been posted.
How can users use the store locator?
To locate the nearest store, the app can use the GPS location of the device. The user does not need to select the city or enter a postal code. The app will ask the user's permission to use the device's GPS location information. If users do not grant permission to allow access to the GPS functionality, they can alternatively select a store by entering a postal code or browse by province and city to find the location they are looking for.
When using the routing information, customers should always use caution and follow traffic rules and local legislation regarding portable GPS devices when travelling.
Scanning products does not work properly? What's wrong?
The product barcode scanning feature works only on devices with autofocus built into the camera functionality. Older smartphones may not be able to access this functionality. If the barcode is not clear on the product packaging, users may also type in the complete barcode UPC numbers to access the product information.
Products that are not online will not be accessible to the app.
My Canadian Tire/Registration
What is My Canadian Tire?
My Canadian Tire is an online membership. Once you register to My Canadian Tire, you can:
- Rate and review products online
- Ask questions about our products or answer other customers' questions
- Submit product stories, photos or videos to be posted on our site
- Save time on Buying Gift Cards Online with our Express Checkout Service
- Track Gift Card orders
As a member, you will also be among the first to know about upcoming promotions and you may receive customized offers.
Do I have to be a member of My Canadian Tire to make Gift Card purchases online?
No. You do not need to be a member to purchase Gift Cards online.
If I register to My Canadian Tire, will I be sent a lot of junk e-mails?
Our weekly e-mails are targeted to customers who enjoy being the first to know about savings and special offers. In every weekly e-mail, we include a link that allows you to unsubscribe.
When you register to become a member of My Canadian Tire, you may choose to receive or not receive e-mails.
What if I forget my password?
You can select to use our Forgot Your Password feature. From the login screen, click on the Forgot Your Password link. Enter your user name and e-mail address and click on Send your password. You will receive an email with a temporary password that you will be able to change next time you are logged in. You may also call Customer Service toll-free at 1-866-746-7287.
Can I change my password? Will it expire?
There is no expiry date set for your password. You may wish to change your password from time to time. To do so, log in and then click on My CT Account at the top of any page. Click on Change My Password under Update my profile and follow the instructions.
Do you offer the same products online and in stores?
Not all items sold in stores currently appear online, but we are adding products on a regular basis, so visit us often!
Are the prices the same online as they are in-store?
Yes, we have attempted to match our online prices to those that you will see in your local store. We strive for pricing accuracy, but market conditions and competitive pressures can cause prices to change. Online pricing and product selection may differ from your local store.
What is a Bonus Card?
A Bonus Card is a reward of predetermined value issued on selected products at the time of purchase.
Is there a limit to the number of Bonus Cards I can get?
Bonus Cards are awarded on selected products. The greater the number of items purchased, the greater the number on Bonus Cards awarded, unless otherwise specified.
How do I redeem my Bonus Card?
Bonus Cards can be redeemed on your next in-store purchase at Canadian Tire. Card is not redeemable for cash and may only be redeemed for merchandise at Canadian Tire retail stores. Applicable taxes will be charged on the total transaction value before deducting the card value. One card per transaction and customer. Card cannot be combined with any other offer. Card may only be used on a subsequent purchase. Card must accompany returns.
Can I use the Bonus Card to buy Gift Cards or at Canadian Tire gas bars?
Bonus Cards cannot be used to purchase gift cards. They are not redeemable at Canadian Tire gas bars and cannot be applied as payment towards any Canadian Tire credit account.
Do Bonus Cards have an expiry date?
No. Like Gift Cards, Bonus Cards to not have an expiry date.
What is a Promo Card?
A Promo Card is a reward of predetermined value issued as an incentive to make a purchase during a specific event.
How do I redeem my Promo Card?
Promo Cards can be redeemed on your next in-store purchase at Canadian Tire, within the specified timeframe. Card is not redeemable for cash and may only be redeemed for merchandise at Canadian Tire retail stores. Applicable taxes will be charged on the total transaction value before deducting the card value. One card per transaction and customer. Card cannot be combined with any other offer. Card may only be used on a subsequent purchase. Card must accompany returns.
Can I use the Promo Card to buy Gift Cards or at Canadian Tire gas bars?
Promo Cards cannot be used to purchase gift cards. They are not redeemable at Canadian Tire gas bars and cannot be applied as payment towards any Canadian Tire credit account.
Do Promo Cards have an expiry date?
Yes. Promo Cards usually have a short expiry date in which they can be redeemed.
What do you mean by:
In stock - The store had at least one item available at the time we received their inventory information.
Out of stock - The store did not have this item at the time their inventory information was transferred to us, but may have added new stock since. We suggest you call the store to confirm availability.
Special order - This item is not part of the day to day assortment at this particular store, but the store can order it for you. Please call the store for full details.
Inventory status not available - We have no accurate information about this store's stock position. Please call the store for more information.
How do I check store inventory in another city or postal code?
At any time, you may change your current search on the left side of the page and click "Update". A new set of stores will be listed on the right, based on your new criteria.
If I want to check inventory for another product at the same group of stores,
will I have to re-enter my province, city or postal code?
No. Once you've selected which stores you want to check, you can close the window and navigate to another product. Click "Check Inventory" for the next product and we'll automatically bring up the inventory results based on your last search criteria. Should you want other stores, simply enter another province, city or postal code on the left.
Why can't I find my local Canadian Tire store on the list of results,
even though I selected the right city?
If you checked inventory in a larger urban centre, the list of stores may be presented in alphabetical order on more than one page. Click on the page numbers at the top or bottom of the list, or on "previous/next" to see more stores. If you do not see page numbers in the results, we suggest you go back to the list of cities and find yours under another label, e.g., instead of "Richmond", you could look under "Vancouver Region" or "Vancouver". Alternatively, you can always enter the postal code of your home/office/cottage, etc.
Why does the Check Inventory function seem slow sometimes?
Checking inventory in larger urban centres may require a longer processing time. To refine your city search, we suggest you use "North York" or "Etobicoke" instead of "Toronto" for example. Processing time is also affected by the traffic on our site and your computer's connection speed. If you've narrowed your search and the function is still slow, we recommend that you try again later or contact our Customer Service by e-mail or by phone at 1-866-746-7287.
What do you mean by "Inventory last updated …"?
We receive inventory information from our stores across Canada typically once a day. For various reasons, some stores may be unable to transmit their information at the time of our updates. We therefore provide you the date of the last update to keep you better informed.
Should I call ahead to double-check if the item will be available
when I am ready to buy it in-store?
Yes. We encourage you to call ahead to confirm the price and availability of the product you're interested in.
What should I do if the item is out of stock?
Once in a while, distribution problems may occur and a number of stores in a region may be out of stock on a particular item. It is best to call your local store to check the earliest availability date.
Do you guarantee that your in-store inventory information is correct?
No. Although great care is taken in keeping the information on this website current, changes may occur without notice. We receive inventory information from our stores across Canada typically once a day and inventory changes during the day are not reflected in the information provided.
eFLYER® Weekly Specials
How do I receive advance notice of eFLYER Weekly Specials?
Simply click on the SIGN UP link at the bottom of the Home Page.
Once I subscribe, is it easy to unsubscribe to the eFLYER if I need
Every weekly e-mail has a link that allows you to Unsubscribe. Simply click on the link, then type in your e-mail address and click on 'Unsubscribe'.
Canadian Tire 'Money' Rewards Programs
How does the Canadian Tire 'Money' Rewards Programs work?
The Canadian Tire 'Money'® cash bonus coupon program - the program that rewards you for shopping at Canadian Tire® stores and participating Canadian Tire gas bars; and the Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® award program - the program that also rewards you for using eligible Canadian Tire branded credit cards for shopping outside Canadian Tire stores.
- Canadian Tire 'Money' paper coupons or Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® electronic coupon awards are earned when you purchase eligible merchandise at Canadian Tire stores and are calculated on the pre-tax, pre-redemption purchase amount (or eligible portion thereof).
- You will receive Canadian Tire 'Money' coupons when you pay for eligible merchandise by cash, or cash equivalent (i.e. cheque, debit card, travellers cheques, gift cards, credit vouchers or Canadian Tire 'Money' coupons). Canadian Tire 'Money' coupons are not issued on the amount of any purchase (or any portion thereof) made using credit or charge cards including any Canadian Tire branded credit cards.
- Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® awards are earned when you pay for eligible merchandise using an eligible Canadian Tire branded credit card or Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® awards. Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® awards are not earned on the amount of any purchase (or any portion thereof) made using cash, or cash equivalent (i.e., cheque, debit card, travellers cheques, gift cards, credit vouchers or Canadian Tire 'Money' coupons).
- Rewards are also earned when you purchase gasoline or other eligible merchandise at participating Canadian Tire gas bars using eligible Canadian Tire branded credit cards. Rewards are earned on gasoline purchases at a rate based on litres purchased as set out in the then current multiplier schedule. A minimum gasoline purchase is required. Any applicable weekly multiplier of the reward earn rate may vary from time to time and by location. Details are available at your local Canadian Tire gas bar.
- The reward earn rate for each program may vary from time to time and by location and is subject to change by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited without notice. Please call 1-800-387-8803 for current rates.
- Rewards are not earned on the purchase of insurance, gift cards, lottery tickets, hunting and fishing licences, Auto Club memberships, or automotive or service labour; or Pit Stop® service charges, tire disposal fees, Rug Doctor® rental charges, deposits, environmental fees, repair charges, delivery or assembly charges, house account charges, towing charges, other store labour or other store services; or on cash advances, balance transfers or payments on any Canadian Tire branded credit card or financial products at Canadian Tire stores.
- Rewards can be redeemed at Canadian Tire stores. Please note this means that rewards are not redeemable at Canadian Tire gas bars.
- There are no time limits, no thresholds, no minimum redemption values, no complicated rules, schedules or catalogues involved with redemption.
- Rewards may be used to pay for merchandise in Canadian Tire stores and online at www.canadiantire.ca. Rewards cannot be used for payment on any Canadian Tire branded credit cards or financial products, insurance products, balance transfers and cash advances.
- Rewards can be applied to the total amount of eligible purchase including all applicable taxes.
- Canadian Tire 'Money' coupons are redeemable by presenting the coupons with your purchase to the cashier, and Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® awards are redeemable by presenting your eligible Canadian Tire branded credit card with your purchase to the cashier at the time of checkout. Canadian Tire 'Money' coupons and Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® awards are redeemable in combination with each other and/or in combination with any other form of tender.
- Rewards earned on purchases are not eligible for redemption on the same transaction.
Canadian Tire 'Money' coupon program - Additional Information
- Upon return of merchandise you are required to return the same amount of Canadian Tire 'Money' coupons received with the purchase, failing which the value will be deducted from your refund. Merchandise purchased using Canadian Tire 'Money' coupons may not be returned for cash but the refunded amount will be issued in Canadian Tire 'Money' coupons.
- Canadian Tire 'Money' coupons are fully transferable.
Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® award program- Additional Information
- This program is only available to eligible Canadian Tire branded credit cards. The eligibility and extent of participation in the program are determined by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, at its discretion. Please refer to the benefit book of your card.
- Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® awards are tracked electronically and shown on Canadian Tire store and gas bar receipts and your card monthly statements.
- As long as your card account is in good standing, you may redeem any amount of Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® awards.
- Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® awards may also be earned on the after-tax amount of purchases made using an eligible card at locations other than Canadian Tire stores, where MasterCard® cards are accepted. Please refer to the benefit book of your card for details.
- In the case of returns or other transactions resulting in credits to accounts, Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® awards earned on the original purchase will be reversed.
- Merchandise purchased using Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® awards may not be returned for cash or paper Canadian Tire 'Money' coupons.
- There may be a processing period between the time Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® awards are earned and the time they are available to be redeemed.
- Except as permitted by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® awards are not assignable or transferable in any way and may only be redeemed by a Cardmember or an additional Cardmember personally.
- If for any reason your card is cancelled or any amount owing on your card is in collection, all rights under the program will be forfeited, including any then existing Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® awards balance.
- We may cancel or reverse any Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® awards not properly issued.
- Rewards are not refundable, exchangeable or transferable for cash and cannot be applied as a credit to or used as payment of any Canadian Tire accounts you have including any Canadian Tire branded credit cards or other financial products.
- Each program is a separate and distinct program and rewards issued under one program are not transferable to the other program.
- The programs or any portion thereof are void where prohibited by federal, provincial or local law.
- Canadian Tire 'Money' coupons and Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® awards are tax included (GST/HST/QST) coupons. The benefits of the Canadian Tire 'Money' cash bonus coupon program and the Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® award program are provided by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited. The benefits of the Canadian Tire 'Money' cash bonus coupon program are provided to Canadian Tire store and gas bar customers by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited through Canadian Tire associate dealers and petroleum agents as its distribution agents. The benefits of the Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® award program are provided to eligible cardmembers by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited through Canadian Tire Bank as its agent. Canadian Tire Bank administers the program under licence from Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited. All programs are subject to modifications or termination at any time by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited without notice.
MasterCard® is a registered trademark of MasterCard International, Incorporated, used under licence.