Baked Apple Bombs
This campfire classic is one the children can help out with. You do the coring, and the kids do the filling and wrapping.
Stay hydrated and energized with easy snack and beverage ideas.
Recipe for : Baked Apple Bombs
Description :This campfire classic is one the children can help out with. You do the coring, and the kids do the filling and wrapping.
- By: Kristina
- Difficulty: Very Easy
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 4 medium apples
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
Required Equipment :
- Utensil for stirring (ex: spoon)
- Aluminum foil
- Tongs to retrieve apples from coals
- Utensils for eating (ex: forks, spoons)
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins and walnuts. Mix well and set aside.
- Core the apples.
- Tear off squares of aluminum, foil large enough to wrap each apple.
- Place an apple on each, and stuff the cored apples with the brown sugar mix.
- Tightly wrap each apple with foil.
- Place wrapped apples on coals for approx 5 minutes, rotating occasionally.
- Once apples soften slightly, remove from coals and peel foil back carefully before serving.