TPS Louisville Street Hockey Deluxe Goalie Mask
Never used it
Just like the comment from march 6th, 2012, the rivet that hold one of the straps broke off.
The thing is, I never used it. It broke off when I wanted to make it fit properly.
I 'm gonna return it today.
April 20, 2013
I've been using this helmet twice a week for 5 years and it finally broke. One of the strap rivets rusted through and broke when I pulled the fastener off to adjust the strap. The other rivets didn't look much better so I tossed it and am getting another.
Things I don't like about it are:
1. It has a cats-eye cage which leaves enough room for a stick blade to get through. It's never happened to me but I'm always a little worried about it.
2. The glue that holds the inside padding seems to be water soluble so the first time I washed it out thoroughly, some of them fell out. The best glue I found to put them back in is LePage's flexible plastic contact cement, also available at CanTire.
3. The straps have a little too much elasticity. You have to really tighten them up so it doesn't flop around.
Things I like are:
1. Good protection for street/floor hockey. I get hit in the face at least once a game and never felt a thing. It's a little loud and can make your ears ring but it'll stop any shot.
2. The neck guard is essential. It's a little floppy but offers great protection.
3. Light weight and relatively cool. I play for 2 hours in the summer in a gym without A/C. The temperature gets above 34 C and high humidity. If there were any more padding in there I'd melt.
Overall, great value for the level of protection. Not recommended for pucks or solid hockey balls.
March 6, 2012
great and roomy
I bought the following:
Reebok Goalie Catcher
34" Deluxe Reebok Goal Pads
TPS Deluxe Goalie Mask
Deluxe Reebok Chest Protector
And man let me tell you, Reebok is probably the brand I will be using for a real long time!!!
December 31, 2011
Excellent mask for ball hockey
had it over a year now and took some pretty hard ball hockey shots on the mask. Never felt a thing. I love this mask
December 31, 2009
I found this mask fits just right, no issues with the eye location as some others have had. The throat guard is a little annoying, no flex, just a solid piece of plastic. Its much better build than the cheaper Cooper alternative, and the steel clips holding the cage on are much less likely to break.
My only issue was the strap fasteners are plastic, on a mask made of mostly steel and hard plastic, these flimsy fasteners made almost no sense to me.
March 30, 2009
It's a decent helmet, but some nicer graphics on it would be nice. Someone unloaded a slapshot at me with it, hit me right where the cage is and the cage fell off. My head is too big for the smaller Cooper one, but too small for this one. I find that my eyes aren't positioned right at the middle, but rather up to the top more.
November 30, 2008
Awesome helmet, comes with invaluable necessities such as the throat guard. This helmet fits almost any user (not recommended for younger children due to size, so I recommend getting the smaller Cooper helmet) and has adjustable straps. Though one problem to me is that the helmet is not very comfortable when tightly on, and is moves a lot if too loose. But overall highly recommended for any street/inline goalie.
August 11, 2008
Great gift idea
Amazing look and feel as the goalie mask of the street hockey century is really good and resembles NHL mask of Marty Biron just with different colours and extras.
May 16, 2008