Troy-Bilt Push Lawn Mower, 160 CC
So far so good. We have a 119 foot yard long and about 80 wide, lots of property and long grass. First time it cut through all the grass, easy on fuel. Very happy.
May 13, 2013
So Far So Good
I've only used it three times so far but no problems. Starts on the first pull every time (once i connected the spark plug wire) I use the rear bag attach set-up and find it worked well, my grass was fairly long and a little wet and it still did not clog in the chute too badly
May 7, 2013
Looks can be deceiving
I have the mower for few months and over time I noticed several design problems:
- the front 'rake' attachement causes the air to blow to front away from the the mower, as others pointed out it causes some problems mowing as cut blades are thrown forward, it also makes it difficult to use mower to mulch leaves .. leaves are blown away as soon as mower approaches.
I do not recommend this mower if your primarily use it for mulching (as opposed to bagging).
- the engine has auto return choke, it takes about 3-5 sec for the choke to switch off. After you turn on the choke, you got to start the engine right away in those 3-5 secs. This by design, not just specific to my unit.
- if the weather is cold the choke will switch off before engine is warm enough and engine will stop, it happened to me yesterday. I needed to hold down the choke with one hand and the handle brake with another while mower was running to let it warm up
- it is difficult to fold the handle for storage - you need to completely remove plastic butterfly nuts to fold the handle
- the deck wash attachment has plastic clip on connector but it does not work with standard Yardworks/Gardena type of hose connector, it connect but is the connector on the mower is not wide enough to engage water flow,
- front wheels are quite small, smaller then on my old mower, it makes pushing on uneven lawn more difficult. The combination of small wheels in front and usual size in the back looks good but I would prefer standard sized wheels both front and back.
November 5, 2012
Good not great
CR review says the mower does a pretty good job of the cutting, mulching and bagging. I would tend to agree for the most part. That said, I have found that if the cutting deck is set to its highest position that cut grass is ejected out the front by the front wheel on the same side as the ejection chute. It also will leave uncut blades especially if the grass is damp or even slightly matted down say from walking on it or if it being a bit long. The handle is unpadded, easy inexpensive to remedy if it bothers you. My lawn is so small and the engine is so smooth I found it is really not needed. If I am not mistaken this mower has a list price of $US 200 so I don't see why it is so expensive in Canada.
October 18, 2012
Great Mower & Excellent Value
Great Mower & Excellent Value
I purchased another brands red mower from a big orange store, received no sales assistance and returned it because it was too heavy and un-manoeuvrable around my wifeâ€™s gardens.
My friend sent me a link to check out this mower. It had a Honda engine and Troy-Bilt has a very good reliability rating in Consumer Reports. Both big selling points for me.
I had not heard of Troy-Bilt but my wife suggested I check it out due to the great low price and Honda engine.
The instructions are very well written. It was easy to assemble and I had it ready to go in about 15 minutes. The paint finish is very high quality and looks great with a coat of wax. Check out the photos attached.
My 13 year old son had the pleasure of starting it for the first time. It was so easy! Set the Auto Choke, squeeze the blade control against upper handle and pull the starter handle. It started on the first pull !!
Later I had the pleasure of mowing our 2 week overgrown lawn. It was no problem for the strong Honda engine and it didn't break a sweat. It was light enough to move around detailing the garden and did a fantastic job mulching. No clumps or extra grass and I did not need to make extra passes.
I am 100% satisfied with the Troy-Bilt 160 CC Push Lawn Mower (11A-A22Q563).
Great Job Troy-Bilt and Canadian Tire!
Bob in Brooklin
August 13, 2012
Does what it's supposed to do. Starts with one or two pulls. The deck washer is nice. No complaints overall with the mower. However, by the time I mow my front lawn my hands are numb probably from the handle mounted directly to the mower body with no way to cushion the vibrations! With my last lawn mower (over 20 years old) I could mow the front and back lawn with no problems. I wouldn't recommend this mower to anyone over 50, as I am.
May 19, 2012
Have used twice so far and no problems at all. Looks cool and is very sturdy.
April 13, 2012
Does The Job
I bought this because of the fact that it has a Honda motor and I know they start easily. I use this mower to cut 3 large 1/2 acre lawns and it has done a fine job. I used the grass catcher once or twice but the lawns are so big that it was not practical. So mostly cut now with no bag attached. Starts first pull every time. Has the feel of a good quality mower. Recommended....
October 25, 2011
POOR mowing capabilities
The only reason i gave it two stars is because of the honda engine, runs and starts like a top... as for the rest of the mower it doesnt pick up most of the cliping, will miss blades of grass and only gets the bag a quarter full when it starts rejecting the clippings. The "rake" on the front pushes leaves twigs, anything out of the way and the cupon the back cover retains quite a bit of grass when its time to empty the bag.
DO NOT BUY THIS MOWER
May 27, 2011
An excellent mower
Very easy to assemble.
Works fantastic. I procrastinated and let my lawn grow far too long before it's first cut this spring, and this thing had no troubles at all getting through it. It is a little hard to push in thick grass, due to the rake built into the front bumper. But under normal conditions, it is just fine. I wouldn't want to purchase a different model.
Seems to be a very good quality, durable mower. Doesn't feel cheap at all.
A great buy.
May 3, 2011