How to “sync” your Bluetooth device
Most Bluetooth devices connect with cell phones in a similar manner:
- Find the Bluetooth function in your cell phone under “Options” or “Settings”.
- Enable the setting that allows your Bluetooth device to find your phone.
- Press the “Connect” or “OK” button.
- A message will appear stating that a Bluetooth device has been found.
- “Accept” if you want to communicate with this device.
- Verify the connection by placing or receiving a call.
Refer to the specific instructions provided with your cell phone and Bluetooth unit to confirm the exact instructions for your devices.
The difference between Bluetooth Capable and Bluetooth Ready
Bluetooth capable products are ready to go right out of the box, and require nothing more than a Bluetooth capable cell phone in order to operate. Bluetooth ready products call for the purchase of an additional accessory to be compatible with Bluetooth technology. You will know your device is Bluetooth capable if a Bluetooth designation appears under Options or Settings. Your phone may also have specific instructions to confirm it is Bluetooth capable.
Familiarize yourself with the device before you're on the road
Become familiar with the buttons on your device so that you can easily access them while driving.
Don't get caught with a low battery
Although most units have long talk times and stand-by times, it's a good idea to charge units while driving so that you are never caught with a low battery.
Improve sound quality
Look for noise reduction and echo cancellation to improve sound quality in the car.