Backyard - Outdoor Decor Tips
Enhance your outdoors with these design tips
Once the grass is green and the flowers have flourished, it's time to turn to man-made magic. Hang planters, group accessories, add colour, play with patterns, and unveil ornaments to create an elegant outdoor space.
Outdoor Décor Tips
- Group candles or lanterns on tabletops, around the yard and deck, by the poolside and staggered down a stairway.
- Personalize your space with lawn ornaments, wall art and lanterns.
- Choose a colour palette or theme, and match acrylic dinnerware, cushions and even an outdoor rug.
- Oversized statues and fountains are dramatic features that can be visually engaging.
- Furniture with frames in timeless colours such as taupe, chocolate brown or black are easily updated with new throw cushions that add colour.
- Put smaller planters up on tabletops or window ledges, and use larger plants to create cozy spaces and add greenery to an urban balcony.
- Hang wall art on sheds and back doors, or suspend mini lanterns from trees and fence tops.
Count on Outdoor Cushions
- Neutral fabrics blend well into the overall décor.
- Use stripes to add a modern spin, floral patterns for a natural garden retreat, and tropicals for a resort-like feel.
- Add throw pillows for both comfort and an affordable splash of design.